Bandits, cows, taxes, jobs, internships…it’s time for Cheryl’s weekly roundup!
Each week during the academic year, we’ll bring you the latest news, jobs, internships, upcoming events, and more.
Enjoy this week’s roundup of news and updates from Cheryl Bauman, Coordinator for Student Services. If you have news or opportunities to share with our students, contact her today at email@example.com.
The Coyote Bandits
Out of the classroom and on the road, it’s the Coyote Bandits! What began as an idea proposed in Dr. John Thomas’ Entrepreneurship course last year has now become a highly successful tour by this band of La Sierra University students and alumni. After raising more than $60,000 for Canvasback Missions with their West Coast tour, the Bandits are closing the year with a special concert and presentation on Thursday, December 5 at 6:00 P.M. in our Troesh Conference Center. Click here to learn more about the Coyote Bandits and the wonderful work they are doing.
Adventist Health System: Supply Chain Analyst Job Opening
Adventist Health System is seeking qualified candidates for a Supply Chain Analyst that will be based in our Supply Chain department. This position is based at the corporate office in Altamonte Springs, FL.
This position has the opportunity to be responsible for creating adhoc and recurring analyses using various analytical tools including MS Excel, MS Access and Monarch Pro. Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of data flow and impact from/to other systems and processes including Charge Master, General Ledger, and other generalized expense management reporting. read more…
LAC Group: Marketing/Recruiting Internship
LAC Group seeks a pro-active Marketing and Recruiting Intern for a part-time or full-time position in our Los Angeles (Century City) or Burbank office. Duties include database maintenance, assisting with marketing and recruiting activities, sourcing candidates for open positions, phone coverage, and other office duties as assigned. Previous experience using Salesforce or another similar database is a plus. We are flexible on the hours and days worked, but would prefer someone 20-40 hours per week. This is a paid internship with the possibility of going to a permanent position.
- At least 6 months experience working in an administrative capacity or in a professional office environment;
- Previous experience working in recruiting or marketing is highly desired;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently after initial training;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Tech savvy with CRM databases like Salesforce, MS Office Suite, Outlook, and LinkedIn;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred;
- Other attributes sought in our ideal candidate: intellectually bright, articulate; friendly/easily-approachable, “people person”; intuitive and investigative; likes putting puzzles together and understanding multi-faceted situations; able to understand others’ values, motivations, and concerns;
- Previous library or information science experience a plus, but not mandatory.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Training
Special thanks to the students of our Accounting and Finance Society for setting up this great opportunity to put your business skills to work! The training will be this Sunday, Dec 8 from 9 AM to 5 PM in ZSB room 235. If you are interested in being a VITA volunteer, please register at www.capriverside.org/opencms/programs/VitaApp.html and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a personal laptop is strongly recommended.
AnyPromo: Internet Marketing Job Opening
Anypromo.com is a fast-growing e-commerce company based in Chino, CA seeking a student or graduate with a background in marketing and the following skills:
- Familiar with social media assets, email campaigns, SEO, SEM, PPC
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior usage of Excel, Hootsuite
- Experience of sales growth through social media programs created or implemented
- Knowledge of cutting edge technologies for all forms of social media and blog promotion
- Copywriting and editing skills for short form and long form writing
- Testing and iterating multiple campaigns simultaneously on multiple platforms
- Experience with Excel reports, formulas, multi-sheet reports, charts
- Use of Google Analytics for reporting, segmenting, customized goals, analysis
- Experience with Social Media performance and reporting software
To learn more, contact Peter Tu at 909-628-9955
Enactus Cow Bank
For women serving as day laborers in villages throughout Southern India, every day is a struggle to support even the most basic needs of their families. When they can find work, they make less than $2.00 per day. Did you know that a single cow, milked just twice daily, can generate more than $4.00 per day for one of these same families? But it would take a day laborer one and a half years, saving all of their money to purchase that single cow. Over the past year, the La Sierra University Enactus (SIFE) Team has been closing that gap.
To learn more about the Enactus Team and this project, visit http://www.PracticeEnactus.com or view this short overview of their work